The term “Ten Kei” can be translated with “gift of heaven” and serves as allegory for the beauty of nature. Inspired by that you can find small silver and golden flower elements on the embellishments. The blade is made from hand-forged 1095 carbon steel, built in Kobus cross-section.
The tempering is made differentiated with clay coat. At the cutting edge the hardness is 60 HRC, at the back of the blade at about 40 HRC.
The handle is green silk with traditional in-katate maki wrapped style, highlighted with genuine ray skin.
The black, high gloss lacquered scabbard has terminations (koiguchi, kurigata, Kojiri) from Buffalo horn, and a high-quality silk Sageo.
- Sharp blade made of 1095 carbon steel
- Shobo zukuri style blade (fluent transition to the tip) with a fuller (bo-hi)
- Differential heat-treatment with clay cover, 60 HRC on the edge and 40 HRC on the back of the blade
- Traditional hineri maki style handle wrap made of burgundy silk.
- Black, mirror polished sheath (kuroro style)
- Sheath with kozuka (small utility knife)
- Delivered in a beautiful collector’s box.
- Made after historical examples.
Blade Material: 1095
Handle Material: Wood / Ray Skin / Cotton
Handle Length: 24,5 cm
Blade Length: 53 cm
Overall Length (without sheath): 78 cm
Weight (without sheath): 850 g
RRP: 639,00 €