A noble version from the Dragon Samurai sword.
Still today, the dragon plays an important role in Japan, and not only when it comes to New Year´s Day celebrations. In contrary to the western mysticism the dragon is in Japan a mystical creature which is said to bring the people good luck.
-The wakizashi has a handforged blade made of carbon steel with a fine hamon and has been tempered traditionally.
- The sharp blade features a hi (fuller) to reduce the total weight.
- The handle (tsuka) is made of wood, has been coated with real fish skin and features two menukis. In addition it has been traditionally wrapped in black cotton.
- The tang is especially long and fixed with two bamboo pegs (mekugi).
- The scabbard (saya) is made of wood and the blade collar (habaki) is made of brass.
- This shortsword has been made according to original museum exhibitions.
- The sword comes with a certificate of origin, wrapped in cloth and packed in a high-quality wooden box.
- All measures are subject to stimation.
Blade Material: 1045 Carbon Steel
Handle Material: Wood / Ray Skin / Cotton
Handle Length: 24,5 cm
Blade Length: 52 cm
Overall Length (without sheath): 77,5 cm
Weight (without sheath): 800 g
RRP: 179,00 €